I'm a professor of mathematics at New Mexico Tech, in Socorro, NM. My mathematical interests are primarily in optimization and applications of optimization to parameter estimation and inverse problems, particularly in the earth sciences.
Member for 9 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 30 '16 at 6:26
- Academia 32k 32k 33 gold badges5858 silver badges112112 bronze badges
- Computational Science 16.1k 16.1k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Mathematics 8k 8k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 4.5k 4.5k 1515 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 96 Solving for regression parameters in closed-form vs gradient descent
- 95 How to handle a student who will not accept that he is wrong?
- 71 Elsevier production team messed up my paper. What should I do?
- 71 What are the motivations for publishing new editions of an existing textbook, beyond new discoveries in a field?
- 67 How to explain to a student that it is common to include a supervisor as a co-author?
- 64 A professor has offered to send me a hard copy of his new book. Would it be rude to ask for a PDF file instead?
- 62 why is A*v+B*v faster than (A+B)*v?
- View more network posts →