I'm a professor of mathematics at New Mexico Tech, in Socorro, NM. My mathematical interests are primarily in optimization and applications of optimization to parameter estimation and inverse problems, particularly in the earth sciences.
Member for 9 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 30 '16 at 6:26
- Academia 30.8k 30.8k 33 gold badges5656 silver badges111111 bronze badges
- Computational Science 14.2k 14.2k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Mathematics 7.3k 7.3k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 4.3k 4.3k 1414 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 95 How to handle a student who will not accept that he is wrong?
- 85 Solving for regression parameters in closed-form vs gradient descent
- 71 What are the motivations for publishing new editions of an existing textbook, beyond new discoveries in a field?
- 70 Elsevier production team messed up my paper. What should I do?
- 66 How to explain to a student that it is common to include a supervisor as a co-author?
- 64 A professor has offered to send me a hard copy of his new book. Would it be rude to ask for a PDF file instead?
- 51 Just got tenured and promoted, but need to move for family reasons
- View more network posts →