I'm an algebraic topologist with a geometric bent. I've studied cobordism theory, equivariant topology, knot theory, configuration spaces, operads, Goodwillie calculus, rational homotopy theory, and cohomology of groups. I'm also interested in mathematics education at all levels (K-graduate), especially in discovery methods as used in the Ross/PROMYS programs.
University of Oregon
Member for 9 years, 4 months
4 profile views
Last seen Jul 3 at 14:28
Top network posts
- 38 understanding Steenrod squares
- 32 Why does one think to Steenrod squares and powers?
- 28 "Why the heck are the homotopy groups of the sphere so damn complicated?"
- 20 Intuitive explanation for the Atiyah-Singer index theorem
- 20 Advantages of working with CW complexes/spaces over Kan complexes/simplicial sets?
- 17 Geometric model for classifying spaces of alternating groups
- 15 How to get product on cohomology using the K(G, n)?
- View more network posts →