I am an independent researcher in the foundations of mathematics and computation, using the techniques of category theory and type theory. I wrote a book called Practical Foundations of Mathematics (CUP 1999). My main work now is Abstract Stone Duality, which seeks to axiomatise computable general topology directly, without any recourse to set theory. I am also the author of a TeX package for drawing categorical diagrams.
London & Birmingham, UK
Member for 9 years, 11 months
88 profile views
Last seen Feb 24 '15 at 13:49
Top network posts
- 26 Categories of recursive functions
- 25 Giving $Top(X,Y)$ an appropriate topology
- 21 Categorical foundations without set theory
- 16 Intuitionistic logic as quantization of classical logic?
- 14 Maximal ideals are prime (history answer please!)
- 13 Intermediate value theorem on computable reals
- 12 Localic locales? Towards very pointless spaces by iterated internalization.
- View more network posts →