My degree was in natural sciences, specialising in genetics. I have recently become interested in regular maps: I have an urge to actually see the things, rather than just listing their properties.
My picture is the regular map with nine square faces in the non-orientable surface of genus 5. Opposite edges of the hexagon are identified, and the round pale pink things are crosscaps.
Member for 9 years, 3 months
5 profile views
Last seen Jan 9 '14 at 16:57
Top network posts
- 16 Not especially famous, long-open problems which anyone can understand
- 13 Applications for p-Sylow subgroups theorem
- 10 "Mathematics talk" for five year olds
- 10 Mathematical "urban legends"
- 7 What are some mathematical sculptures?
- 5 Is there a nice way to "unravel" a great dodecahedron?
- View more network posts →