Electrical engineer, (a little bit) petroleum engineer, software developer, mathematics enthusiast, movie addict.
Mathematics is an experimental science, and definitions do not come first, but later on. They make themselves, when the nature of the subject has developed itself. – Oliver Heaviside.
On another occasion he asked somewhat more defensively, "Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?"
And I want to copy-paste this just because it looks cool:
Tehran, Tehran Province, Iran
Member for 4 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 25 at 14:34
- Mathematics 8.1k 8.1k 55 gold badges2222 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.3k 1.3k 2121 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Skeptics 1.3k 1.3k 22 gold badges1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.1k 1.1k 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Code Golf 863 863 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 174 How do we prove that something is unprovable?
- 101 Mathematical ideas that took long to define rigorously
- 64 We're testing advertisements across the network
- 63 Did Bernie Sanders say immigrants steal our jobs?
- 56 Can there be an injective function whose derivative is equivalent to its inverse function?
- 34 What's new in higher dimensions?
- 33 Cut the gold chain
- View more network posts →