Currently employed as System Administrator in a Web Development Company specializing in Drupal. Previously been working as Software Build Engineer(7+ years) and very much proficient in subversion and lately git. My direct sysadmin experience totals about 10years+ and codes mostly in shell(bash) and distilled in my open source Shell Scripting Development Kit and framework - ShCF. Been proficient in Perl but my skills on it has been rusty lately due to unuse. I could read a python code but don't rely on me to troubleshoot it(I'll learn about it later).
Experience with open source systems is in installation and usage...most familiar with CentOS and Ubuntu, Apache, PHP and has a bit of knowledge in Qmail and MySQL. Virtualization experience is mostly in VMWare (the free version), Oracle VirtualBox and Parallels. Public cloud experience includes AWS, Rackspace Cloud, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean and of course Acquia for Drupal.
I don't hate Microsoft Windows but I just like a Unix-like system (and I run cygwin now and latetly msys2) so I'm kinda at home with the CLI regardless of OS.
Been experimenting with golang lately and loving it :)
- Stack Overflow 933 933 33 gold badges1111 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Server Fault 516 516 33 gold badges55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 429 429 66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Super User 251 251 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Ask Different 165 165 77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 18 bypass ssl certificate validation in subversion
- 16 How do I pass credential file to mount.cifs?
- 14 How to reload hudson configuration without restarting?
- 13 error running cpan the first time
- 11 Why is Windows' default IP address 169.xx.xx.xx?
- 8 custom gnu-screen session log filename
- 8 Detect virtualized OS from an application?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.