Q: What do you do for a living?
A: I'm a metrologist
Q: So, what's the weather like?
Q: You said you are a meteorologist, isn't it? So, is it going to rain?
A: Hey, no, wait... I said I'm a metrologist: I measure things, no weather forecast.
Q: Why do you measure things?
A: Because things need to be measured, from time to time.
Q: What kind of things do you measure?
A: Mm, well, mm... maybe it's going to rain, after all.
Member for 5 years, 1 month
24 profile views
Last seen 14 hours ago
- Academia♦ 46.4k 46.4k 1616 gold badges146146 silver badges171171 bronze badges
- Physics 4.1k 4.1k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematics 664 664 66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematica 547 547 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 304 Only one student answered an exam question - and I strongly suspect he cheated
- 237 If I receive written permission to use content from a paper without citing, is it plagiarism?
- 158 What to do about students who miss my lectures and then want me to repeat entire material?
- 135 How to respond to a company that wants specific details on implementation of my PhD research?
- 135 What to do with someone that cheated their way through university and a PhD program?
- 132 Editor asks for π to be written in roman
- 124 Supervisor does not allow use of commercial software for student project, against student's interests
- View more network posts →