I am an assistant professor in Mathematics at Dalhousie University, with a joint appointment to the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. I focus on "homotopical physics": the interplay between mathematical physics (particularly quantum field theory) and higher (aka categorical) algebra. Other buzzwords that describe my work: higher symmetries, topological field theory, phases of condensed matter, "moonshine" phenomena, perturbative quantization, categories, representation theory, and algebraic topology.
Halifax, NS, Canada
Member for 10 years, 10 months
90 profile views
Last seen Jul 26 at 14:37
Top network posts
- 124 Why worry about the axiom of choice?
- 118 "Philosophical" meaning of the Yoneda Lemma
- 111 What is Quantization ?
- 69 Is there an accepted definition of $(\infty,\infty)$ category?
- 66 What is the symbol of a differential operator?
- 63 Can every manifold be given an analytic structure?
- 54 Is "semisimple" a dense condition among Lie algebras?
- View more network posts →