I'm a Professor at UC Irvine, but spent most of my career at Brandeis. My research areas: Differential Topology, Transformation Groups, and Global Analysis. Recently I developed a math visualization program, 3D-XplorMath, freely available at http://3D-XplorMath.org) and a companion website, the Virtual Math Museum at http://VirtualMathMuseum.org. Last year I co-authored a differential equations text with my son Bob, most of which is downloadable from http://ode-math.com .
Univ. of California at Irvine
Member for 10 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen May 10 '15 at 4:57
Top network posts
- 114 About a letter by Richard Palais of 1965.
- 67 Theorems that are 'obvious' but hard to prove
- 60 What are some examples of colorful language in serious mathematics papers?
- 54 What is the situation with Hilbert's Fifth Problem?
- 52 Is "Cartan's magic formula" due to Élie or Henri?
- 50 Does this formula have a rigorous meaning, or is it merely formal?
- 45 Extremely messy proofs
- View more network posts →