Computer scientist, working on theoretical questions that are motivated by practical problems. My thesis was on tractable classes of constraint satisfaction problems, and I have also worked on containment of conjunctive database queries, the macroscope model of communication complexity, lower bounds for streaming, and bounds on parallelism.
Member for 10 years
6 profile views
Last seen Mar 19 at 7:37
- Theoretical Computer Science 18.3k 18.3k 33 gold badges5757 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- Computer Science 3.1k 3.1k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.9k 1.9k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.2k 1.2k 1010 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 187 What packages do people load by default in LaTeX?
- 142 Major unsolved problems in theoretical computer science?
- 86 Animation in PDF presentations, without Adobe Reader?
- 54 Can one amplify P=NP beyond P=PH?
- 51 Dinner-table description of theoretical computer science?
- 50 Constraint satisfaction problem (CSP) vs. satisfiability modulo theory (SMT); with a coda on constraint programming
- 46 Factorial algorithm more efficient than naive multiplication
- View more network posts →