I completed my graduate studies in MIT's LIDS, an applied math-ish program within the EE department. Now I do research in industry at Analog Devices | Lyric Labs, primarily on algorithms for the audio source separation ("cocktail party") problem.
My thesis research was on the mathematical side of game theory with a view towards computation. In terms of mathematical classifications, I consider myself more of a "theory builder" (at least aspirationally) than a "problem solver" and I have a preference for "soft analysis" over "hard analysis".
Member for 10 years, 3 months
6 profile views
Last seen Jan 11 at 4:33
Top network posts
- 73 Mistakes in mathematics, false illusions about conjectures
- 31 Emergence of English as the dominant mathematical language
- 30 Real algebraic geometry vs. algebraic geometry
- 28 Computer Science for Mathematicians
- 23 Slowing down divergence 2
- 21 Is all non-convex optimization heuristic?
- 20 Prove that matrix is positive definite
- View more network posts →