I am a data scientist building statistical / machine learning models with social media data at Brandwatch .
Formerly: I got a PhD in math at Penn State in operator algebras; my thesis involved applications of K-theory for operator algebras to geometry and topology. I spent 3 years as a postdoc at Columbia University.
I have a math blog , but I don't write for it nearly often enough.
Member for 10 years, 3 months
36 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- MathOverflow 24.3k 24.3k 1313 gold badges101101 silver badges178178 bronze badges
- Mathematics 7.7k 7.7k 2222 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 991 991 66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 616 616 11 gold badge55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 221 John Nash's Mathematical Legacy
- 189 Why worry about the axiom of choice?
- 121 Why should one still teach Riemann integration?
- 110 Is there an underlying explanation for the magical powers of the Schwarzian derivative?
- 107 Quick proofs of hard theorems
- 86 Is there an analogue of curvature in algebraic geometry?
- 66 Can analysis detect torsion in cohomology?
- View more network posts →