I am a data scientist building statistical / machine learning models with social media data at Brandwatch .
Formerly: I got a PhD in math at Penn State in operator algebras; my thesis involved applications of K-theory for operator algebras to geometry and topology. I spent 3 years as a postdoc at Columbia University.
I have a math blog , but I don't write for it nearly often enough.
Member for 9 years, 10 months
32 profile views
Last seen 17 hours ago
- MathOverflow 23.4k 23.4k 1111 gold badges9696 silver badges174174 bronze badges
- Mathematics 7.5k 7.5k 2020 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1k 1k 88 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 971 971 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 616 616 11 gold badge55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 218 John Nash's Mathematical Legacy
- 187 Why worry about the axiom of choice?
- 120 Why should one still teach Riemann integration?
- 107 Is there an underlying explanation for the magical powers of the Schwarzian derivative?
- 97 Quick proofs of hard theorems
- 85 Is there an analogue of curvature in algebraic geometry?
- 66 Can analysis detect torsion in cohomology?
- View more network posts →