I am a data scientist building statistical / machine learning models with social media data at Brandwatch .
Formerly: I got a PhD in math at Penn State in operator algebras; my thesis involved applications of K-theory for operator algebras to geometry and topology. I spent 3 years as a postdoc at Columbia University.
I have a math blog , but I don't write for it nearly often enough.
Member for 9 years, 8 months
31 profile views
Last seen Oct 22 at 1:42
- MathOverflow 16.4k 16.4k 1111 gold badges9393 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Mathematics 6.1k 6.1k 2020 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 563 563 55 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 561 561 44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 476 476 11 gold badge44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 218 John Nash's Mathematical Legacy
- 181 Why worry about the axiom of choice?
- 119 Why should one still teach Riemann integration?
- 107 Is there an underlying explanation for the magical powers of the Schwarzian derivative?
- 92 Quick proofs of hard theorems
- 84 Is there an analogue of curvature in algebraic geometry?
- 65 Can analysis detect torsion in cohomology?
- View more network posts →