I am a data scientist building statistical / machine learning models with social media data at Brandwatch .
Formerly: I got a PhD in math at Penn State in operator algebras; my thesis involved applications of K-theory for operator algebras to geometry and topology. I spent 3 years as a postdoc at Columbia University.
I have a math blog , but I don't write for it nearly often enough.
- MathOverflow 26k 26k 1414 gold badges115115 silver badges184184 bronze badges
- Mathematics 8.2k 8.2k 2525 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 99 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 991 991 77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 626 626 11 gold badge55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 225 John Nash's Mathematical Legacy
- 204 Why worry about the axiom of choice?
- 127 Why should one still teach Riemann integration?
- 121 Is there an underlying explanation for the magical powers of the Schwarzian derivative?
- 109 Quick proofs of hard theorems
- 92 Is there an analogue of curvature in algebraic geometry?
- 69 Replication crisis in mathematics
- View more network posts →