I am a data scientist building statistical / machine learning models with social media data at Brandwatch .
Formerly: I got a PhD in math at Penn State in operator algebras; my thesis involved applications of K-theory for operator algebras to geometry and topology. I spent 3 years as a postdoc at Columbia University.
I have a math blog , but I don't write for it nearly often enough.
Member for 9 years, 6 months
31 profile views
Last seen Sep 10 at 2:02
- MathOverflow 16.3k 16.3k 1111 gold badges9393 silver badges166166 bronze badges
- Mathematics 6.1k 6.1k 2020 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 561 561 44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 538 538 55 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 476 476 11 gold badge44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 217 John Nash's Mathematical Legacy
- 180 Why worry about the axiom of choice?
- 111 Why should one still teach Riemann integration?
- 107 Is there an underlying explanation for the magical powers of the Schwarzian derivative?
- 91 Quick proofs of hard theorems
- 83 Is there an analogue of curvature in algebraic geometry?
- 64 Can analysis detect torsion in cohomology?
- View more network posts →