I am a Professor of Mathematics at Glasgow University. My research interests lie in algebraic number theory and representation theory, more specifically integral Galois module structures, the arithmetic of elliptic curves, (integral and rational) representation theory of finite groups, and the Cohen-Lenstra heuristics.
University Of Glasgow, UK
Member for 9 years, 11 months
36 profile views
Last seen yesterday
Top network posts
- 100 How do you decide whether a question in abstract algebra is worth studying?
- 55 What notions are used but not clearly defined in modern mathematics?
- 47 The Langlands program for beginners
- 45 Roots of permutations
- 45 Has Fermat's Last Theorem per se been used?
- 40 Square roots of elements in a finite group and representation theory
- 36 Good ways to engage in mathematics outreach?
- View more network posts →