My main activity is in number theory of integral positive ternary quadratic forms. This began through years of working with Irving Kaplansky. Much of his unpublished writing on quadratic forms can be found as pdfs at
Member for 9 years, 7 months
164 profile views
Last seen May 13 at 15:57
- Mathematics 108.2k 108.2k 55 gold badges106106 silver badges209209 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 19.8k 19.8k 22 gold badges5151 silver badges103103 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 307 307 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Literature 149 149 55 bronze badges
- Writing 141 141 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 106 Can an irrational number raised to an irrational power be rational?
- 102 Why is the Gamma function shifted from the factorial by 1?
- 80 Famous vacuously true statements
- 75 How do you describe your mathematical research in layman's terms?
- 59 Is the ratio of the side and at least one diagonal of a rhombus always irrational?
- 56 Can a positive binary quadratic form represent 14 consecutive numbers?
- 51 Why do roots of polynomials tend to have absolute value close to 1?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (13)
10 Homotopy chat room Jun 27 '13
10 In case Chat turns out to be useful Jun 25 '13
9 Please avoid extended discussions in comments Jun 28 '13
8 Should we request a Private Message system? Aug 21 '13
5 Image human verification problem Aug 25 '15
5 new home single topic MathSciNet Dec 2 '13