Member for 11 years, 8 months
My main activity is in number theory of integral positive ternary quadratic forms. This began through years of working with Irving Kaplansky. Much of his unpublished writing on quadratic forms can be found as pdfs at
- Mathematics 127.4k 127.4k 77 gold badges126126 silver badges236236 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 24k 24k 22 gold badges5656 silver badges112112 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 387 387 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Literature 199 199 66 bronze badges
- Writing 141 141 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 119 Can an irrational number raised to an irrational power be rational?
- 116 Why is the Gamma function shifted from the factorial by 1?
- 85 Famous vacuously true statements
- 83 How do you describe your mathematical research in layman's terms?
- 60 Is the ratio of the side and at least one diagonal of a rhombus always irrational?
- 59 Can a positive binary quadratic form represent 14 consecutive numbers?
- 53 Why do roots of polynomials tend to have absolute value close to 1?
- View more network posts →
This user doesn’t have any gold badges yet.