My main activity is in number theory of integral positive ternary quadratic forms. This began through years of working with Irving Kaplansky. Much of his unpublished writing on quadratic forms can be found as pdfs at
Member for 11 years
174 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 at 4:53
- Mathematics 122.9k 122.9k 66 gold badges122122 silver badges228228 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 23.5k 23.5k 22 gold badges5656 silver badges108108 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 387 387 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Literature 199 199 66 bronze badges
- Writing 141 141 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 117 Why is the Gamma function shifted from the factorial by 1?
- 113 Can an irrational number raised to an irrational power be rational?
- 84 Famous vacuously true statements
- 82 How do you describe your mathematical research in layman's terms?
- 59 Is the ratio of the side and at least one diagonal of a rhombus always irrational?
- 57 Can a positive binary quadratic form represent 14 consecutive numbers?
- 52 Why do roots of polynomials tend to have absolute value close to 1?
- View more network posts →