I am an assistant professor at Colby College. My interests mostly lie in low-dimensional topology: especially Heegaard splittings, bridge splittings, Dehn surgery, thin position, and sutured manifold theory.
I am also interested in relationships between mathematics and the arts and humanities and in involving undergraduates in significant mathematical experiences (such as, but not limited to, research).
Member for 8 years, 3 months
3 profile views
Last seen Nov 25 '15 at 18:23
Top network posts
- 7 if $S \times \Re$ is diffeomorphic to $T \times \Re$ then are S and T diffeomorphic?
- 7 Is a knotted trivalent graph determined by its set of unzips?
- 7 "Basic" loops on standardly embedded surfaces
- 5 How should one present curl and divergence in an undergraduate multivariable calculus class?
- View more network posts →