I am a mathematics educator. Algebraic thinking, use and misuse of examples, students’ understanding of proofs, and phenomenographical analyses of students’ understanding of mathematical concepts have been at the heart of my quest for knowledge that is documented here amirasghari.com.
Member for 7 years, 3 months
198 profile views
Last seen Jul 5 '19 at 7:56
- Mathematics Educators 4k 4k 1010 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.1k 2.1k 33 gold badges3333 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Mathematics 808 808 55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 301 301 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Arts & Crafts 141 141 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 70 Are there proofs that you feel you did not "understand" for a long time?
- 69 Is rigour just a ritual that most mathematicians wish to get rid of if they could?
- 49 How can an extremely mathematically talented young person be helped to fulfill his/her potential?
- 35 Is Euclid dead?
- 33 Historical (personal) examples of teaching-based research
- 32 Non-Euclidean Geometry for Children
- 31 Does seeing beyond the course you teach matter? The case of linear algebra and matrices
- View more network posts →