I am a mathematics educator. Algebraic thinking, use and misuse of examples, students’ understanding of proofs, and phenomenographical analyses of students’ understanding of mathematical concepts have been at the heart of my quest for knowledge that is documented here amirasghari.com.
Member for 6 years, 11 months
196 profile views
Last seen Jul 5 at 7:56
- Mathematics Educators 3.3k 3.3k 1010 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.2k 1.2k 33 gold badges3131 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Mathematics 553 553 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 201 201 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Arts & Crafts 123 123 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 68 Is rigour just a ritual that most mathematicians wish to get rid of if they could?
- 68 Are there proofs that you feel you did not "understand" for a long time?
- 48 How can an extremely mathematically talented young person be helped to fulfill his/her potential?
- 35 Is Euclid dead?
- 33 Historical (personal) examples of teaching-based research
- 32 Non-Euclidean Geometry for Children
- 30 Does seeing beyond the course you teach matter? The case of linear algebra and matrices
- View more network posts →