I am a mathematics educator. Algebraic thinking, use and misuse of examples, students’ understanding of proofs, and phenomenographical analyses of students’ understanding of mathematical concepts have been at the heart of my quest for knowledge that is documented here amirasghari.com.
Member for 7 years, 10 months
202 profile views
Last seen Jul 5 '19 at 7:56
- Mathematics Educators 4.1k 4.1k 1111 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.1k 2.1k 33 gold badges3333 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Mathematics 818 818 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 301 301 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Arts & Crafts 141 141 44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 71 Are there proofs that you feel you did not "understand" for a long time?
- 70 Is rigour just a ritual that most mathematicians wish to get rid of if they could?
- 50 How can an extremely mathematically talented young person be helped to fulfill his/her potential?
- 35 Is Euclid dead?
- 33 Historical (personal) examples of teaching-based research
- 32 How to solve the problem of Wolfram Alpha?
- 32 Non-Euclidean Geometry for Children
- View more network posts →