Math Professor at Purdue University. Native of Ukraine. Main interests: classical function theory, ordinary differential equations, geometry and history.
Member for 7 years, 4 months
238 profile views
Last seen Oct 12 at 13:25
- MathOverflow 58.3k 58.3k 66 gold badges165165 silver badges281281 bronze badges
- History 30.8k 30.8k 11 gold badge6060 silver badges115115 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 29.5k 29.5k 11 gold badge4444 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Mathematics 2.6k 2.6k 1010 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Area 51 201 201 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 87 Mistakes in mathematics, false illusions about conjectures
- 74 Mathematical conjectures on which applications depend
- 64 Liouville's theorem with your bare hands
- 60 Good "casual" advanced math books
- 58 Is the Riemann zeta function surjective?
- 58 Is there a reason why Turkey took the Balkan territories of the Ottoman Empire, instead of Greece or another of the Balkan states?
- 56 How did passengers keep warm on sail ships?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (24)
34 Best of MathOverflow, or papers inspired by MathOverflow Aug 25 '13
19 What MO is for and what is *your* aim in participation? Jan 15 '14
15 Best of MathOverflow, or papers inspired by MathOverflow Aug 25 '13
14 Deleting others' work Apr 13 '16