If you would like to contact me directly, please do!
Questions, comments, and criticism are all welcome.
Gmail: benjamin×dickman (remove the ×)
Where I am and where I was:
Upper & Middle School Teacher; Teacher-Coach. Mathematics, The Hewitt School. 2016 - present.
Postdoc. Mathematics Education, Boston University School of Education. 2014 - 2016.
Ph.D. Mathematics Education, Columbia University Teachers College. 2014. NSF GRFP.
(Advisor: HP Ginsburg.)
Relevant MESE post here.
Fulbright. Mathematics/Mathematics Education, Nanjing Normal University (南京师范大学). 2008 - 2009.
Topic: High School Mathematics Teacher Training in China.
B.A. Mathematics, Amherst College. 2008. Honors Program.
Undergraduate Thesis: On a Theorem of Dwork.
(Expository thesis on the rationality part of the Weil Conjectures; advisor: RL Benedetto.)
Have you solved any of my puzzles?
If so, send me an email!
Top network posts
- 113 Probability that a stick randomly broken in five places can form a tetrahedron
- 73 Should I design my exams to have time-pressure or not?
- 57 Probability that a stick randomly broken in five places can form a tetrahedron
- 41 An entire function whose real part is bounded must be constant.
- 37 Should we say that fractions "are" or "represent" numbers?
- 37 How can we help students learn how to read their textbook?
- 37 Elementary+Short+Useful
- View more network posts →