Joseph Van Name
Let's look at cryptocurrency consensus and distribution mechanisms.
Proof-of-work-Let's give the money to the jerk who wastes the most resources and destroys the planet.
Proof-of-stake-Let's give the money willy nilly because distributing a new coin fairly is not important. In other words, let's scam people and give all the money to ourselves.
ICO-Let's scam people.
Useful proof-of-work-Let's give the money to the person who solves a useful problem. This will create a valuable cryptocurrency.
I support science.
Member for 6 years, 10 months
1,375 profile views
Last seen 1 hour ago
Top Network Posts
- 154 Why do roots of polynomials tend to have absolute value close to 1?
- 67 What computational problems would be good proof-of-work problems for cryptocurrency mining?
- 32 Which powers of the closed unit interval are homeomorphic?
- 30 Which sets occur as boundaries of other sets in topological spaces?
- 27 First-order axiomatization of free groups
- 25 Are sums of sequences decidable?
- 21 Connectedness in the language of path-connectedness
- View more network posts →