Associate Professor at Indiana University, working on tensor categories and their relationships to operator algebras and topology.
Member for 9 years, 9 months
191 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- MathOverflow 19.6k 19.6k 22 gold badges6868 silver badges137137 bronze badges
- Academia 17.6k 17.6k 22 gold badges4040 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Mathematics 7.7k 7.7k 33 gold badges2929 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 3k 3k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Biology 1.6k 1.6k 1111 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 354 Is it true that $0.999999999\dots=1$?
- 169 What Does it Really Mean to Have Different Kinds of Infinities?
- 122 What's the "best" proof of quadratic reciprocity?
- 117 Is it rude to call a professor by their last name with no prefix in a non-academic setting?
- 76 What is "ultrafinitism" and why do people believe it?
- 70 What is the oldest open problem in mathematics?
- 64 Forgetting what you have published
- View more network posts →
Top tags (17)
42 What should be the policy on “open problems” on MO? Jul 4 '13
35 Why was there pushback on a user's profile image? Nov 23 '18
28 “This question has been answered in the comments.” Jan 29 '14
23 Crazy idea about soft questions Oct 17 '13
23 Request for Undelete Jul 24 '13
17 2013 Moderator Election Q&A - Question Collection Oct 1 '13