Associate Professor at Indiana University, working on tensor categories and their relationships to operator algebras and topology.
Member for 10 years, 3 months
257 profile views
Last seen 1 hour ago
- MathOverflow 22.9k 22.9k 22 gold badges7070 silver badges140140 bronze badges
- Academia 20.5k 20.5k 44 gold badges4747 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Mathematics 8.5k 8.5k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 3k 3k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Biology 1.6k 1.6k 1111 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 359 Is it true that $0.999999999\dots=1$?
- 172 What Does it Really Mean to Have Different Kinds of Infinities?
- 125 What's the "best" proof of quadratic reciprocity?
- 118 Is it rude to call a professor by their last name with no prefix in a non-academic setting?
- 118 My teaching evaluations arrived and female students statistically gave me worse scores than male students. Is there any possible explanation?
- 77 What is "ultrafinitism" and why do people believe it?
- 73 What is the oldest open problem in mathematics?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (17)
43 What should be the policy on “open problems” on MO? Jul 4 '13
35 Why was there pushback on a user's profile image? Nov 23 '18
28 “This question has been answered in the comments.” Jan 29 '14
23 Crazy idea about soft questions Oct 17 '13
23 Request for Undelete Jul 24 '13
17 2013 Moderator Election Q&A - Question Collection Oct 1 '13