Numerical linear algebra. Mainly matrix equations and their applications (control theory, applied probability).
(This profile was written for Mathoverflow, but Stack Exchange insists on copying it over verbatim to other sites, where it makes less sense.)
Member for 11 years, 5 months
398 profile views
Last seen 23 hours ago
- Academia 38.6k 38.6k 1414 gold badges107107 silver badges162162 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 16.8k 16.8k 22 gold badges6565 silver badges103103 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.3k 9.3k 66 gold badges3838 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Computational Science 6.9k 6.9k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 344 What is the use of percent signs (%) at the end of lines? (Why is my macro creating extra space?)
- 240 How to silence the voice that tells you you're being financially irresponsible by spending 4 to 6 years doing a PhD?
- 142 Stack Exchange and Stack Overflow have moved to CC BY-SA 4.0
- 120 Inadmissible theorems in research
- 117 My assessor is giving me spelling advice - but he's wrong
- 115 Prohibited item forgotten in hand luggage: what to do with it?
- 115 Whether to tell his prospective employer that a new male post doc opposes affirmative action for women in academia?
- View more network posts →