Numerical linear algebra. Mainly matrix equations and their applications (control theory, applied probability).
(This profile was written for Mathoverflow, but Stack Exchange insists on copying it over verbatim to other sites, where it makes less sense.)
Member for 10 years, 7 months
342 profile views
Last seen 8 hours ago
- Academia 34.9k 34.9k 1414 gold badges9999 silver badges146146 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 15.1k 15.1k 22 gold badges6060 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9k 9k 66 gold badges3636 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Computational Science 5.7k 5.7k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 329 What is the use of percent signs (%) at the end of lines? (Why is my macro creating extra space?)
- 238 How to silence the voice that tells you you're being financially irresponsible by spending 4 to 6 years doing a PhD?
- 140 Stack Exchange and Stack Overflow have moved to CC BY-SA 4.0
- 118 My assessor is giving me spelling advice - but he's wrong
- 115 Prohibited item forgotten in hand luggage: what to do with it?
- 115 Whether to tell his prospective employer that a new male post doc opposes affirmative action for women in academia?
- 114 Inadmissible theorems in research
- View more network posts →