Numerical linear algebra. Mainly matrix equations and their applications (control theory, applied probability).
(This profile was written for Mathoverflow, but Stack Exchange insists on copying it over verbatim to other sites, where it makes less sense.)
Member for 11 years, 3 months
391 profile views
Last seen Feb 26 at 16:06
- Academia 37.7k 37.7k 1414 gold badges107107 silver badges159159 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 16.6k 16.6k 22 gold badges6464 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.2k 9.2k 66 gold badges3838 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Computational Science 6.7k 6.7k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.4k 3.4k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 341 What is the use of percent signs (%) at the end of lines? (Why is my macro creating extra space?)
- 239 How to silence the voice that tells you you're being financially irresponsible by spending 4 to 6 years doing a PhD?
- 142 Stack Exchange and Stack Overflow have moved to CC BY-SA 4.0
- 120 Inadmissible theorems in research
- 118 My assessor is giving me spelling advice - but he's wrong
- 115 Whether to tell his prospective employer that a new male post doc opposes affirmative action for women in academia?
- 115 Prohibited item forgotten in hand luggage: what to do with it?
- View more network posts →