My mathematically-oriented work generally explores discrete geometric and probabilistic themes in physics, computation, and communication. Jack of most trades, master of none.
I can be reached at sch213#nyu#edu (make the obvious substitutions for #).
Inside the Beltway
Member for 9 years, 9 months
71 profile views
Last seen Jul 22 at 12:18
- MathOverflow 11.6k 11.6k 66 gold badges5454 silver badges115115 bronze badges
- Physics 401 401 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 296 296 11 silver badge1212 bronze badges
- Mathematics 152 152 22 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 121 121 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 107 What are some famous rejections of correct mathematics?
- 64 Why can't there be a general theory of nonlinear PDE?
- 60 Endless controversy
- 51 When has discrete understanding preceded continuous?
- 42 What do heat kernels have to do with the Riemann-Roch theorem and the Gauss-Bonnet theorem?
- 41 (How) is category theory actually useful in actual physics?
- 36 What are the recommended books for an introductory study of elliptic curves?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (4)
3 2013 Moderator Election Q&A - Questionnaire Oct 7 '13