My mathematically-oriented work generally explores discrete geometric and probabilistic themes in physics, computation, and communication. Jack of many trades, master of none.
I can be reached at sch213#nyu#edu (make the obvious substitutions for #).
Inside the Beltway
Member for 11 years, 4 months
92 profile views
Last seen 4 hours ago
- MathOverflow 14.2k 14.2k 77 gold badges5959 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Physics 511 511 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Mathematics 497 497 33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 401 401 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 141 141 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 115 What are some famous rejections of correct mathematics?
- 71 Endless controversy about the correctness of significant papers
- 71 Why can't there be a general theory of nonlinear PDE?
- 54 When has discrete understanding preceded continuous?
- 46 What do heat kernels have to do with the Riemann-Roch theorem and the Gauss-Bonnet theorem?
- 45 (How) is category theory actually useful in actual physics?
- 39 What are the recommended books for an introductory study of elliptic curves?
- View more network posts →