I am an algebraist interested in a broad range of areas. I've worked on semigroups, geometric group theory, algebraic combinatorics, representation theory, self-similar groups (aka automaton groups), profinite groups and random walks on semigroups and groups. I've been particularly interested in interactions between these areas and Computer Science and am fond of algorithmic questions. I've also dabbled with operator algebras associated to etale groupoids and inverse semigroups. Currently, I am interested in applications of finite semigroup theory to finite state Markov chains.
New York City
Member for 7 years, 9 months
82 profile views
Last seen Mar 5 at 2:42
Top Network Posts
- 56 Why aren't representations of monoids studied so much?
- 43 Which mathematical definitions should be formalised in Lean?
- 38 What are the benefits of viewing a sheaf from the "espace étalé" perspective?
- 37 Is it decidable to check if an element has finite order or not?
- 32 Why is the fundamental group of a compact Riemann surface not free ?
- 29 Groups whose complex irreducible representations are finite dimensional
- 28 What recent programmes to alter highly-entrenched mathematical terminology have succeeded, and under what conditions do they tend to succeed or fail?
- View more network posts →