Dave L Renfro
Primary Mathematical Interests: (1) Study and use of negligible sets, especially involving porosity notions and fractal dimension notions. (2) Application and refinements of the Baire category method for proving existence. (3) Classical point set theory and real function theory. (4) History of nowhere differentiable continuous functions and history of the topics above.
Iowa City, IA, USA
Member for 8 years, 1 month
4 profile views
Last seen May 18 at 15:23
- Mathematics 25.9k 25.9k 33 gold badges4242 silver badges8383 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 3.9k 3.9k 99 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Academia 2.3k 2.3k 22 gold badges88 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.9k 1.9k 1717 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 1.6k 1.6k 88 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 189 How discontinuous can a derivative be?
- 188 Has anyone, based on great performance, ever been awarded a higher degree than the one they enrolled for?
- 57 Integers $n$ such that $i(i+1)(i+2) \cdots (i+n)$ is real or pure imaginary
- 42 How to show this formula to get a square root of a number in "just few seconds" is true?
- 38 How many times do you have to use L'Hôpital's rule?
- 37 High-level linear algebra book
- 34 Visualizing the factorial
- View more network posts →