Top network posts
- 12 What is the intuition behind the definition of the action of a group on a set? Why do we call a homomorphism $G\to\mathcal S(X)$ a "representation"?
- 9 Let $G$ be a group with $33$ elements acting on a set with $38$ elements. Prove that the stabilizer of some element $x$ in $X$ is all of $G$.
- 8 Does the center of a perfect group not contain all elements of prime order?
- 8 Show that if $|G|=30$ then $G$ has normal $3$-Sylow and $5$-Sylow
- 8 Error in Burnside's "Theory of groups of finite order"?
- 7 Non-simplicity of Frobenius complements
- 7 Is there a finite group which has two isomorphic maximal subgroups such that no automorphism can map one to the other?
- View more network posts →