My main mathematical interests are differentiation in infinite dimensions and implicit function theorems beyond Banach spaces. I would be happy if doing mathematical research essentially lessened the total stupidity of mankind (= TSM) — but that is clearly baseless optimism. At least it would be fine if mathematicians could lessen TSM more than editors increase it — but that too probably is wishful thinking. If there were someone living in a body like that of this Swede and having the intellect like that of this Swede, I would admire that creature.
Member for 9 years, 6 months
19 profile views
Last seen Nov 10 '16 at 21:31
Top network posts
- 24 Does there exist a measurable function which is not a.e. "strongly" measurable?
- 17 Intersection of compact sets in the unit interval
- 11 Are weak and strong convergence of sequences not equivalent?
- 10 Does it make sense to talk about smooth bundles of Hilbert spaces?
- 8 Can you tell whether a space is Banach from the unit ball?
- 8 Is a connected separable locally euclidean Hausdorff topological space second countable?
- 8 Are smooth functions tame?
- View more network posts →