Did a PhD in theta functions on Riemann surfaces many years ago. Up until recently I wrote software for movie effects, now I work for Google, and in my spare time play with applications of category theory to functional programming.
- Stack Overflow 7.5k 7.5k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 7.2k 7.2k 55 gold badges5757 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Mathematics 4k 4k 2222 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Physics 1.9k 1.9k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 341 341 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 208 Computer Algebra Errors
- 198 Generate a random point within a circle (uniformly)
- 138 Your favorite surprising connections in Mathematics
- 86 Relating Category Theory to Programming Language Theory
- 77 Papers that debunk common myths in the history of mathematics
- 73 What is the exterior derivative intuitively?
- 59 Where does the word "torsion" in algebra come from?
- View more network posts →