Did a PhD in theta functions on Riemann surfaces many years ago. Up until recently I wrote software for movie effects, now I work for Google, and in my spare time play with applications of category theory to functional programming.
Member for 10 years, 1 month
5 profile views
Last seen Oct 25 at 16:25
- Stack Overflow 7.3k 7.3k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 6.9k 6.9k 55 gold badges4949 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Mathematics 3.7k 3.7k 1919 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Physics 1.9k 1.9k 1212 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- History 253 253 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 198 Computer Algebra Errors
- 183 Generate a random point within a circle (uniformly)
- 135 Your favorite surprising connections in Mathematics
- 84 Relating Category Theory to Programming Language Theory
- 72 Papers that debunk common myths in the history of mathematics
- 54 Where does the word "torsion" in algebra come from?
- 53 What is the exterior derivative intuitively?
- View more network posts →