Did a PhD in theta functions on Riemann surfaces many years ago. Up until recently I wrote software for movie effects, now I work for Google, and in my spare time play with applications of category theory to functional programming.
Member for 10 years, 2 months
5 profile views
Last seen Oct 25 '19 at 16:25
- Stack Overflow 7.3k 7.3k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 6.9k 6.9k 55 gold badges5050 silver badges7676 bronze badges
- Mathematics 3.7k 3.7k 2020 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Physics 1.9k 1.9k 1212 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- History 253 253 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 199 Computer Algebra Errors
- 183 Generate a random point within a circle (uniformly)
- 135 Your favorite surprising connections in Mathematics
- 84 Relating Category Theory to Programming Language Theory
- 72 Papers that debunk common myths in the history of mathematics
- 54 Where does the word "torsion" in algebra come from?
- 54 What is the exterior derivative intuitively?
- View more network posts →