Blog on Wordpress containing related math links: Shadows of Simplicity
Go forward, faith will follow. -- d'Alembert
Mathematics compares the most diverse phenomena and discovers the secret analogies that unite them. -- Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier (1768–1830)
Mathematics/physics is "imagination in a straitjacket." -- to borrow from Feynman
It is not possible to be a mathematician without being a poet at heart. -- Sophia Kovalevskaya (1850--1891)
Member for 9 years, 2 months
274 profile views
Last seen Mar 4 at 1:10
- MathOverflow 5.1k 5.1k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.7k 1.7k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 631 631 33 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 591 591 22 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 291 291 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 64 Geometric / physical / probabilistic interpretations of Riemann zeta($n>1$)?
- 31 In "splendid isolation"
- 26 Klein's Protocols: A window into our mathematical past
- 23 Why do polytopes pop up in Lagrange inversion?
- 23 Why is there a connection between enumerative geometry and nonlinear waves?
- 22 When has discrete understanding preceded continuous?
- 18 Iconic (toy) models of neural networks
- View more network posts →