Blog on Wordpress containing related math links: Shadows of Simplicity
Mathematics compares the most diverse phenomena and discovers the secret analogies that unite them. -- Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier (1768–1830)
Mathematics/physics is "imagination in a straitjacket." -- to borrow from Feynman
It is not possible to be a mathematician without being a poet at heart. -- Sophia Kovalevskaya (1850--1891)
Member for 8 years, 2 months
266 profile views
Last seen Feb 26 at 18:23
Top Network Posts
- 53 Geometric / physical / probabilistic interpretations of Riemann zeta(n>1)?
- 31 In "splendid isolation"
- 26 Klein's Protocols: A window into our mathematical past
- 23 Why do polytopes pop up in Lagrange inversion?
- 23 Why is there a connection between enumerative geometry and nonlinear waves?
- 20 When has discrete understanding preceded continuous?
- 18 Iconic (toy) models of neural networks
- View more network posts →