Pete L. Clark
assistant associate PROFESSOR of math @ University of Georgia.
Primary research interests: number theory, arithmetic geometry, Galois cohomology, geometry of numbers, quadratic forms
Secondary research interests: commutative algebra, field theory, general topology, order theory, real analysis in reverse
I also have an enduring interest in mathematical exposition.
NOTE: In Spring 2015 my department adjusted the mechanics of its webpage, which broke a lot of my links. For now, if you see a broken link like http://www.math.uga.edu/~pete/inversemw.pdf, try changing it to http://math.uga.edu/~pete/inversemw.pdf. It should fix the problem.
Member for 9 years, 10 months
80 profile views
Last seen Jun 4 at 13:19
- Academia 118.3k 118.3k 2323 gold badges324324 silver badges480480 bronze badges
- Mathematics 82.4k 82.4k 99 gold badges167167 silver badges318318 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 51.6k 51.6k 99 gold badges201201 silver badges352352 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 417 417 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 326 I believe I have solved a famous open problem. How do I convince people in the field that I am not a crank?
- 315 Is doing two PhDs a good path?
- 237 Which journals publish expository work?
- 220 A published paper stole my unpublished results from a science fair
- 185 Is there an introduction to probability theory from a structuralist/categorical perspective?
- 160 Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- 146 Given a die, what is the probability that the second roll of a die will be less than the first roll?
- View more network posts →