Pete L. Clark
assistant associate PROFESSOR of math @ University of Georgia.
Primary research interests: number theory, arithmetic geometry, Galois cohomology, geometry of numbers, quadratic forms
Secondary research interests: commutative algebra, field theory, general topology, order theory, real analysis in reverse
I also have an enduring interest in mathematical exposition.
NOTE: In Spring 2015 my department adjusted the mechanics of its webpage, which broke a lot of my links. For now, if you see a broken link like http://www.math.uga.edu/~pete/inversemw.pdf, try changing it to http://math.uga.edu/~pete/inversemw.pdf. It should fix the problem.
Member for 10 years, 1 month
82 profile views
Last seen Nov 20 at 3:46
- Academia 120.9k 120.9k 2323 gold badges333333 silver badges488488 bronze badges
- Mathematics 84.9k 84.9k 99 gold badges170170 silver badges319319 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 58.5k 58.5k 99 gold badges206206 silver badges354354 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 1.2k 1.2k 77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 417 417 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 328 Is doing two PhDs a good path?
- 327 I believe I have solved a famous open problem. How do I convince people in the field that I am not a crank?
- 241 Which journals publish expository work?
- 220 A published paper stole my unpublished results from a science fair
- 184 Is there an introduction to probability theory from a structuralist/categorical perspective?
- 161 Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- 146 Given a die, what is the probability that the second roll of a die will be less than the first roll?
- View more network posts →