Pete L. Clark
assistant associate PROFESSOR of math @ University of Georgia.
Primary research interests: number theory, arithmetic geometry, Galois cohomology, geometry of numbers, quadratic forms
Secondary research interests: commutative algebra, field theory, general topology, order theory, real analysis in reverse
I also have an enduring interest in mathematical exposition.
NOTE: In Spring 2015 my department adjusted the mechanics of its webpage, which broke a lot of my links. For now, if you see a broken link like http://www.math.uga.edu/~pete/inversemw.pdf, try changing it to http://math.uga.edu/~pete/inversemw.pdf. It should fix the problem.
Member for 11 years, 5 months
88 profile views
Last seen Feb 20 at 15:55
- Academia 123.6k 123.6k 2424 gold badges337337 silver badges499499 bronze badges
- Mathematics 89.6k 89.6k 1010 gold badges189189 silver badges337337 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 60.8k 60.8k 99 gold badges218218 silver badges362362 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 1.2k 1.2k 77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 415 415 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 347 Is doing two PhDs a good path?
- 335 I believe I have solved a famous open problem. How do I convince people in the field that I am not a crank?
- 265 Which journals publish expository work?
- 226 A published paper stole my unpublished results from a science fair
- 205 Is there an introduction to probability theory from a structuralist/categorical perspective?
- 169 Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- 153 Given a die, what is the probability that the second roll of a die will be less than the first roll?
- View more network posts →