Lviv Scottish Book
This user is an MathOverFlow representative of the Lviv Scottish Book, a book with open mathematical problems inscribed by visitors of the famous Scottish Cafe in Lviv (Ukraine).
The Lviv Scottish Book continues traditions of the famous "Scottish Book" (1935-1941) containing open problems posed by representatives of Lwow Mathematical School (S.Banach, S.Mazur, W.Orlicz, J.Schauder, H.Steinhaus, S.Ulam and others) of interwar period.
Usually, mathematicians writing problems to Lviv Scottish Book suggest some prize (a bottle of wine, a dinner in "Szkocka", etc.) for solutions.
Lviv, Cafe "Szkocka", Ukraine
Member for 3 years, 1 month
25 profile views
Last seen Aug 23 '19 at 15:59
Top network posts
- 82 Is the series $\sum_n|\sin n|^n/n$ convergent?
- 38 The roots of unity in a tensor product of commutative rings
- 30 Dividing a cake between $n-1$, $n$, or $n+1$ guests
- 19 Straight-line drawing of regular polyhedra
- 14 On sums of independent random variables in Banach spaces
- 13 An inequality for expected value of normally distributed variables
- 11 A ZFC-example of a countably compact paratopological group which is not a topological group
- View more network posts →