Lviv Scottish Book
This user is an MathOverFlow representative of the Lviv Scottish Book, a book with open mathematical problems inscribed by visitors of the famous Scottish Cafe in Lviv (Ukraine).
The Lviv Scottish Book continues traditions of the famous "Scottish Book" (1935-1941) containing open problems posed by representatives of Lwow Mathematical School (S.Banach, S.Mazur, W.Orlicz, J.Schauder, H.Steinhaus, S.Ulam and others) of interwar period.
Usually, mathematicians writing problems to Lviv Scottish Book suggest some prize (a bottle of wine, a dinner in "Szkocka", etc.) for solutions.
Lviv, Cafe "Szkocka", Ukraine
Member for 1 year, 9 months
18 profile views
Last seen Oct 29 at 17:44
Top Network Posts
- 77 Is the series $\sum_n|\sin n|^n/n$ convergent?
- 38 The roots of unity in a tensor product of commutative rings
- 16 Straight-line drawing of regular polyhedra
- 13 An inequality for expected value of normally distributed variables
- 9 A ZFC-example of a countably compact paratopological group which is not a topological group
- 8 A basis of the Banach space $L^p(\mathbb T^\omega)$ consisting of characters
- 8 Complemented subspaces of $C(\beta\mathbb N\times \beta\mathbb N)$
- View more network posts →