Started as A.A. Kirillov's student in rerpresentation theory in Moscow State University. Got PhD in 1999. Worked in ITEP Moscow for 10 years somewhere in between representation theory, integrable systems and algebraic geometry, in particular geometric Lanlgands and its connection to Hitchin-Gaudin integrable systems.
Currently in industry: quantitative finance, previously in wireless telecommunication doing applied math.: information theory, error-correcting codes, statistical estimation theory, numerical algorithms.
al. mysurname at gmail dot com
Member for 8 years, 2 months
37 profile views
Last seen 40 mins ago
Top Network Posts
- 220 Mathematical games interesting to both you and a 5+-year-old child
- 105 Occurrences of (co)homology in other disciplines and/or nature
- 87 The "Dzhanibekov effect" - an exercise in mechanics or fiction? Explain mathematically a video from a space station
- 50 Is there winning strategy in Tetris ? What if Young diagrams are falling?
- 47 The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Physics in Mathematics. Why ? What/how to catch?
- 41 Journals and other sources with "easy reading" papers?
- 39 Open problems/questions in representation theory and around?
- View more network posts →