Started as A.A. Kirillov's student in rerpresentation theory in Moscow State University. Got PhD in 1999. Worked in ITEP Moscow for 10 years somewhere in between representation theory, integrable systems and algebraic geometry, in particular geometric Lanlgands and its connection to Hitchin-Gaudin integrable systems.
Currently in industry: quantitative finance, previously in wireless telecommunication doing applied math.: information theory, error-correcting codes, statistical estimation theory, numerical algorithms.
al. mysurname at gmail dot com
Member for 10 years, 5 months
40 profile views
Last seen Dec 3 '20 at 9:20
- MathOverflow 20.5k 20.5k 1717 gold badges8080 silver badges166166 bronze badges
- Mathematics 479 479 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 466 466 11 gold badge55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 421 421 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 243 243 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 246 Mathematical games interesting to both you and a 5+-year-old child
- 156 The "Dzhanibekov effect" - an exercise in mechanics or fiction? Explain mathematically a video from a space station
- 112 Occurrences of (co)homology in other disciplines and/or nature
- 108 Noteworthy, but not so famous conjectures resolved recent years
- 52 Why do bees create hexagonal cells ? (Mathematical reasons)
- 50 Is there winning strategy in Tetris ? What if Young diagrams are falling?
- 50 The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Physics in Mathematics. Why ? What/how to catch?
- View more network posts →