Started as A.A. Kirillov's student in rerpresentation theory in Moscow State University. Got PhD in 1999. Worked in ITEP Moscow for 10 years somewhere in between representation theory, integrable systems and algebraic geometry, in particular geometric Lanlgands and its connection to Hitchin-Gaudin integrable systems.
Currently in industry: quantitative finance, previously in wireless telecommunication doing applied math.: information theory, error-correcting codes, statistical estimation theory, numerical algorithms.
al. mysurname at gmail dot com
Member for 9 years, 2 months
38 profile views
Last seen Oct 19 '19 at 9:16
- MathOverflow 18.6k 18.6k 1414 gold badges6969 silver badges153153 bronze badges
- Mathematics 469 469 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 413 413 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 339 339 11 gold badge44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 203 203 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 233 Mathematical games interesting to both you and a 5+-year-old child
- 129 The "Dzhanibekov effect" - an exercise in mechanics or fiction? Explain mathematically a video from a space station
- 110 Occurrences of (co)homology in other disciplines and/or nature
- 89 Noteworthy, but not so famous conjectures resolved recent years
- 50 Is there winning strategy in Tetris ? What if Young diagrams are falling?
- 48 The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Physics in Mathematics. Why ? What/how to catch?
- 41 Journals and other sources with "easy reading" papers?
- View more network posts →