Started as A.A. Kirillov's student in rerpresentation theory in Moscow State University. Got PhD in 1999. Worked in ITEP Moscow for 10 years somewhere in between representation theory, integrable systems and algebraic geometry, in particular geometric Lanlgands and its connection to Hitchin-Gaudin integrable systems.
Currently in industry: quantitative finance, previously in wireless telecommunication doing applied math.: information theory, error-correcting codes, statistical estimation theory, numerical algorithms.
al. mysurname at gmail dot com
- MathOverflow 21.1k 21.1k 1717 gold badges8383 silver badges169169 bronze badges
- Mathematics 559 559 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 496 496 11 gold badge55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 431 431 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 243 243 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 247 Mathematical games interesting to both you and a 5+-year-old child
- 159 The "Dzhanibekov effect" - an exercise in mechanics or fiction? Explain mathematically a video from a space station
- 119 Occurrences of (co)homology in other disciplines and/or nature
- 110 Noteworthy, but not so famous conjectures resolved recent years
- 52 Why do bees create hexagonal cells ? (Mathematical reasons)
- 51 The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Physics in Mathematics. Why ? What/how to catch?
- 50 Is there winning strategy in Tetris ? What if Young diagrams are falling?
- View more network posts →