Started as A.A. Kirillov's student in rerpresentation theory in Moscow State University. Got PhD in 1999. Worked in ITEP Moscow for 10 years somewhere in between representation theory, integrable systems and algebraic geometry, in particular geometric Lanlgands and its connection to Hitchin-Gaudin integrable systems.
Currently in industry: quantitative finance, previously in wireless telecommunication doing applied math.: information theory, error-correcting codes, statistical estimation theory, numerical algorithms.
al. mysurname at gmail dot com
Member for 9 years, 9 months
38 profile views
Last seen Jul 29 at 21:06
- MathOverflow 19.8k 19.8k 1515 gold badges7777 silver badges163163 bronze badges
- Mathematics 479 479 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 436 436 11 gold badge55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 413 413 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 203 203 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 238 Mathematical games interesting to both you and a 5+-year-old child
- 143 The "Dzhanibekov effect" - an exercise in mechanics or fiction? Explain mathematically a video from a space station
- 111 Occurrences of (co)homology in other disciplines and/or nature
- 98 Noteworthy, but not so famous conjectures resolved recent years
- 50 Is there winning strategy in Tetris ? What if Young diagrams are falling?
- 49 Why do bees create hexagonal cells ? (Mathematical reasons)
- 49 The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Physics in Mathematics. Why ? What/how to catch?
- View more network posts →