I work on the mathematical foundations of physics, especially quantum mechanics, and its logical aspects. My weapons of choice are category theory, functional analysis, and order theory; specifically, monoidal categories, operator algebras, and orthomodular lattices. I suppose you could say that my ultimate goal is to really understand the category of Hilbert spaces, in particular categorical aspects of a choice of basis.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 21 at 10:46
Top network posts
- 37 Proofs without words
- 32 Why don't ideals and quotients work well for categories?
- 22 Fixed point theorems
- 18 Characterize the category of rings
- 17 Have you solved problems in your sleep?
- 16 Categorifications of Zorn's lemma
- 13 Are all vector-space valued functors on sets free?
- View more network posts →