I work on the mathematical foundations of physics, especially quantum mechanics, and its logical aspects. My weapons of choice are category theory, functional analysis, and order theory; specifically, monoidal categories, operator algebras, and orthomodular lattices. I suppose you could say that my ultimate goal is to really understand the category of Hilbert spaces, in particular categorical aspects of a choice of basis.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 21 '19 at 10:46
Top network posts
- 40 Proofs without words
- 32 Why don't ideals and quotients work well for categories?
- 23 Fixed point theorems
- 18 Characterize the category of rings
- 17 Categorifications of Zorn's lemma
- 17 Have you solved problems in your sleep?
- 13 What is the tensor product for the Eilenberg-Moore category of a commutative monad?
- View more network posts →