I am a software engineer / systems analyst in real life. I love to code. Alumni of The University of Utah - Department of Mathematics (MS). I have a deep and abiding interest in the Foundations of Mathematics and its various subfields, especially discrete mathematics, abstract algebra, the foundations of analysis, and point set topology. I think Primitive Recursive Arithmetic is pretty neat. I love mathematics as a language to converse in and think with and as a way to formulate questions, if not always answer them. I play a lot of chess. Former display name "Thoralf Skolem".
Member for 9 years, 9 months
37 profile views
Last seen Apr 11 at 23:07
- Mathematics 1.5k 1.5k 1010 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 786 786 11 gold badge99 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Chess 551 551 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 417 417 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 337 337 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 26 Real life applications of Topology
- 19 Math talk: Theorem about git revision control system?
- 17 Does a "cubic" matrix exist?
- 16 Are there more elegant ways to prevent negative numbers in Ruby?
- 13 Why isn't pre-registration required for all experiments?
- 9 Division by $0$
- 9 Must a player play tactical openings to learn tactics?
- View more network posts →