Elections are held to choose moderators for the MathOverflow site.
Questions related to election of MO moderators.
List of election since MO joined Stack Exchange network: https://mathoverflow.net/election.
Some further information:
- There's an election going on. What's happening and how does it work? (Meta Stack Exchange)
- When do moderator elections take place? (Meta Stack Exchange)
- What are the details on the “candidate score” which shows during an election? (Meta Stack Exchange)
- How are moderator election votes counted, in plain English? (Meta Stack Exchange)
- What are the exact mechanics of the vote for MO moderators? (MathOverflow Meta)
- Would newly elected moderators join the board of MathOverflow Inc.? (MathOverflow Meta)
- List of previous moderators can be found here: History of MathOverflow
- Before joining Stack Exchange network, the election were conducted using tea (to choose candidates) and a post on the main site (for voting). Here is a link to an archive of a relevant tea thread.