I would be interested in asking a question which asks mathematicians who visit the site the following question:
1) What research topic are you actively working on right now?
2) Why are you researching that topic? What do you think the future holds in this area? Put on your "math-fi" cap, if you really must (math-fi <-> sci-fi).
3) Finally, in your opinion, what are promising mathematical "emerging technologies"? I linked to the wiki article in order to provide a flavour for the word, but I do mean to use the phrase in the mathematics setting, rather than only a science/engineering setting.
4) Is the research topic you are working on related to one of the promising "emerging technologies" you've listed?
5) If your answer to 4) is no, why is your research topic still valuable enough to you for you to spend time on?
This is obviously a soft question, but is it a soft question that would be interesting to the community?