I'm a Professor at UC Irvine, but spent most of my career at Brandeis. My research areas: Differential Topology, Transformation Groups, and Global Analysis. Recently I developed a math visualization program, 3D-XplorMath, freely available at http://3D-XplorMath.org) and a companion website, the Virtual Math Museum at http://VirtualMathMuseum.org. Last year I co-authored a differential equations text with my son Bob, most of which is downloadable from http://ode-math.com .
Top Network Posts
- 105About a letter by Richard Palais of 1965.
- 54Theorems that are 'obvious' but hard to prove
- 47What is the situation with Hilbert's Fifth Problem ?
- 46Does this formula have a rigorous meaning, or is it merely formal.
- 38Extremely messy proofs
- 36Is rigour just a ritual that most mathematicians wish to get rid of if they could?
- 34Is "Cartan's magic formula" due to Élie or Henri?
- View more network posts →