I am an algebraist interested in a broad range of areas. I've worked on semigroups, geometric group theory, algebraic combinatorics, representation theory, self-similar groups (aka automaton groups), profinite groups and random walks on semigroups and groups. I've been particularly interested in interactions between these areas and Computer Science and am fond of algorithmic questions. I've also dabbled with operator algebras associated to etale groupoids and inverse semigroups. Currently, I am interested in applications of finite semigroup theory to finite state Markov chains.
Top Network Posts
- 41Why aren't representations of monoids studied so much?
- 29Why is the fundamental group of a compact Riemann surface not free ?
- 27What are the benefits of viewing a sheaf from the "espace étalé" perspective?
- 26What is the probability two random maps on n symbols commute?
- 24Lawvere theories versus classical universal algebra
- 24What recent programmes to alter highly-entrenched mathematical terminology have succeeded, and under what conditions do they tend to succeed or fail?
- 21Why did Gabriel invent the term "quiver"?
- View more network posts →