I am a Professor at the University of São Paulo. I have mostly worked on the interaction between Lie groups and geometry, more specifically, Lie transformation groups and submanifold geometry, but I am generally interested in different kinds of problems that can be considered from a geometrical viewpoint.
Top Network Posts
- 25If compact connected Lie groups are homeomorphic as topological space, are they isomorphic as Lie groups?
- 16Conjugate points in Lie groups with left-invariant metrics
- 13Riemann's quote cited by Lakatos: what is the context?
- 12How come Cartan did not notice the close relationship between symmetric spaces and isoparametric hypersurfaces?
- 12Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- 12Instances where an existence result precedes the constructive version
- 11Examples of conjectures that were widely believed to be true but later proved false
- View more network posts →