Stanley Yao Xiao
I am currently a PHD Candidate in Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo. I am being advised by Professor Cameron Stewart, FRSC. In Fall 2016 I will be starting a Research Fellow at the University of Oxford.
I am interested in analytic number theory, prime number theory, transcendence theory, and power-free values of polynomials. In particular I work on problems involving applications and generalizations of the determinant methods pioneered by Bombieri/Pila, Heath-Brown, and Salberger, including the real analytic determinant method, the approximate determinant method of Heath-Brown, and the global determinant method of Salberger (an extension of the $p$-adic determinant method of Heath-Brown), as well as other potential variants.
Recently, I have been doing work on binary forms and classical invariant theory. In particular, together with my advisor we found the asymptotic formula for the number of integers in an interval which can be represented by a given binary form $F$ of degree $d\geq 3$ with integer coefficients and non-zero discriminant.
Top Network Posts
- 34Famous vacuously true statements
- 33Do's and don'ts of writing survey papers
- 28Examples of famous 'workhorse' theorems
- 25Proving a sequence involved in Apéry's proof of the irrationality of $\zeta(3)$, converges
- 22Is the following sum irrational?
- 18New proofs to major theorems leading to new insights and results?
- 17Cases where the number field case and the function field (with positive characteristic) are different
- View more network posts →