Stanley Yao Xiao
PHD Candidate in Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo. I am being advised by Professor Cameron Stewart, FRSC.
I am interested in analytic number theory, prime number theory, transcendence theory, and power-free values of polynomials. In particular I work on problems involving applications and generalizations of the determinant methods pioneered by Bombieri/Pila, Heath-Brown, and Salberger, including the real analytic determinant method, the approximate determinant method of Heath-Brown, and the global determinant method of Salberger (an extension of the $p$-adic determinant method of Heath-Brown), as well as other potential variants.
Top Network Posts
- 33Do's and don'ts of writing survey papers
- 32Famous vacuously true statements
- 27Examples of famous 'workhorse' theorems
- 24Proving a sequence involved in Apéry's proof of the irrationality of $\zeta(3)$, converges
- 22Is the following sum irrational?
- 18New proofs to major theorems leading to new insights and results?
- 17Cases where the number field case and the function field (with positive characteristic) are different
- View more network posts →