Started as A.A. Kirillov's student in rerpresentation theory in Moscow State University. Got PhD in 1999. Worked in ITEP Moscow for 10 years somewhere in between representation theory, integrable systems and algebraic geometry, in particular geometric Lanlgands and its connection to Hitchin-Gaudin integrable systems.
Currently in industry: quantitative finance, previously in wireless telecommunication doing applied math.: information theory, error-correcting codes, statistical estimation theory, numerical algorithms.
al. mysurname at gmail dot com
Top Network Posts
- 78Occurrences of (co)homology in other disciplines and/or nature
- 60The "Dzhanibekov effect" - an exercise in mechanics or fiction? Explain mathematically a video from a space station
- 38The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Physics in Mathematics. Why ? What/how to catch?
- 35Open problems/questions in representation theory and around?
- 32papers archives? (especially not indexed by google)
- 27Why does bosonic string theory require 26 spacetime dimensions?
- 20Noteworthy achievements in and around 2010?
- View more network posts →